Happy Friday! I don't have a recipe to share with you today, but I thought I would post a few pics of my sweet, lovable, incredibly hyper, Labrador Retriever Wilma.
I've had her since she was 8 weeks old, and she will be 10 this year. Wait, what?! How did that happen? You would never know it though. She is still as hyper as ever.
10 random facts about her:
1. She was named after Wilma from the Flinstones. I needed a name that sounded good when being yelled since you are always yelling/calling your dog (well, if you have a dog like mine). Fred was always yelling WILLLMAAA.
2. She is VERY outdoorsy. She has been back-country skiing, cross-country skiing, hiking, fishing, swimming in more lakes than I can count, and camping (even snow-camping). At one point, she even had her own pass to a ski resort.
3. She loves to chase the sun around the house (which isn't always easy living in Alaska - we don't see direct sunlight Nov-mid Feb).
4. She is well-traveled. She has been across the entire U.S. twice. Not by plane (the easy way). By car. And by ferry up to Alaska. Luckily, she doesn't get car or sea sick.
5. She loves her tennis ball more than anything (yes, even more than us).
6. My husband is her favorite person (which totally gets to me since she was my dog first).
7. She's great with the kids but usually tries to avoid them at all cost. Can we blame her?
8. She's very independent. Sometimes we call her "kitty" because she acts more like a cat than a dog. I'm sure she appreciates that.
9. I love to run with her but she drags me the WHOLE way. It drives me nuts! She's very smart but has a brain malfunction when it comes it heeling. Trust me, we have tried teaching her this for 10 years. I don't think it is going to happen.
10. She's the most wonderful dog in the world (minus the whole dragging me thing or digging thing - last year she dug up my entire bed of carrots, haha)!! She's crazy energetic but I kind of love that about her (maybe because I'm the same way). My life wouldn't be the same without her...
So here's a little peek into my life, or I should say my dog's life. :)